Yes you really can weave using an ordinary kitchen fork.
This video shows you how to make a flower using 8 ply wool, a fork, a small bead and a sewing needle – suitable for classes 5 to 12.
Imagine a whole bouquet of woven flowers.
If this inspires you then you might want to try weaving on your fingers as well.
If you don’t have any wool at home you could try some of the following instead:
- string (kitchen or garden)
- a t-shirt or other fabric cut into thin strips
- embroidery thread
- unravel an old jumper, beanie, scarf, finger knitting and use the wool from that
- thin, pliable wire (florist or beading wire)
- crochet cotton
- flax (striped into thinner pieces)
From Tanja Nelson