We are proposing a change to the Primary School Dress Code as from the beginning of next year. This change is being proposed following requests from both parents and teachers. The proposed additions are listed in bold italics below.
- Clothing should suit the season. Please provide spare clothes in rainy weather.
- Plain coloured clothing made of natural fibres is recommended.
- No black clothing or clothing with printed images, messages or slogans.
- Top must be a short or long sleeved plain t-shirt of a single rainbow colour or a CBRSS t-shirt
- Clothing should allow freedom of movement (consider bike pants or shorts under skirts to support this).
- Strong, supportive, flat-soled shoes in winter and autumn and shoes or sandals in summer or spring.
- Thongs, ‘Crocs’, Ugg boots and fashion shoes are not suitable for school.
- Shoes should be suitable for nature walks and sport.
- Soft-soled slippers for indoor use.
- Broad-brimmed CBRSS school hat must be worn for outdoor play.
- Hair longer than shoulder length must be tied back at all times.
- Jewellery kept to a minimum. Earrings to be simple studs or sleepers only. No make-up.
Please send in your feedback to the proposed change so that we can consider all views before making a final decision. Send feedback to info@https://capebyronsteiner.nsw.edu.au
The changes are planned to come into effect at the beginning of next year.