NSW Public Health Order issued by the Chief Health Officer requires all schools to:
- exclude students with even mild symptoms of COVID-19 and encourage immediate testing for any symptomatic child(ren)
- prohibit return to school for anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 until a negative COVID test result has been reported
- ensure that adults, including parents, maintain physical distancing at all times
- promote good hand hygiene at all times
The Chief Health Officer also stated that certain practices in NSW schools must cease altogether. These include:
- school-related group singing or chanting activities and use of wind instruments in groups
- school-related social activities (e.g. school formals, dinners or dances; graduation ceremonies; or parent engagement functions)
- school-related overnight events (e.g. retreats, camps)
Changes when Students become unwell at CBRSS
If a student becomes unwell and is displaying symptoms consistent with COVID -19, we will ask for them to be collected and taken home. In order for students to return to school, a COVID negative test result or a medical certificate from a GP will be required, advising that they are safe, well and able to return to school.
These measures will assist in reducing the risk of community transmission, and will support our school to continue to deliver onsite learning.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in this.
Responding to COVID-19 Confirmed Cases or Suspected Cases
There is a clear plan in place for the School to respond to any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our community. We work closely with NSW Health and AISNSW and will communicate with parents if a situation arises.
- WATER BOTTLES – It is imperative that ALL students K-12 bring a water bottle to school each day. There is a strict closure of all drinking fountains and bubblers continuing. Please ensure your child brings a full water bottle to school each day.
- PARENTS ON SITE – Parents are NOT permitted to be on site unless in an emergency or with the permission of the Principal. An emergency constitutes collecting a child from the Sick Bay or if it has been pre-arranged and approved.