This is the first in a series of How-to posts where we will be providing tips to Parents to help get the most out of the new school app.
Earlier this Term we rolled out our new School app. Basically this is a piece of software that can be run on a smart phone or iPad and is designed to be a central hub for communications from the school to our parent community and for parents to manage their accounts here at the school. Some of the things parents can do from the app include; view push notifications that may contain urgent information, view student calendars to see what events and classes are coming up, access Parent Lounge to approve excursions and update contact information or medical information and notify the school of any upcoming absentee days.
If you haven’t started using the school app yet here are some simple steps to get you going.
- If you are reading this on a computer, open you iPhone camera and point it at the QR Code below. Or if you are currently on your iPhone, tap the QR Code. This will link you directly to the app in the Apple app store where you can download and open the app.
- When you have the app on your phone you will be asked to login, this will be your Parent Code and Password that were emailed to you. If you cant find the email or the password doesn’t work, give the school a call or send an email.
- Once you have logged-in (depending the the type of phone) you maybe give the option to enable Face ID or Touch ID, this is useful as you dont need to repeatedly enter your password.
- You should now be on the home screen of the app. This has a series of icons that will link you to different areas of interest.
- A good start is to go to settings (cog in the top right) and select Subscriptions > Year Levels > and tick only the Year Levels of your children. This will target the notifications that you receive to the ones most relevant to you.