http://capebyronsteiner.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/CBRSSwebheaderlogo.png 0 0 Jon Dugdale http://capebyronsteiner.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/CBRSSwebheaderlogo.png Jon Dugdale2016-02-08 13:03:152016-02-08 13:03:15Reminder about Dress Code
By enrolling your child at Cape Byron you have agreed to abide by the school’s dress code, as described below, and your continued support in this area will be much appreciated. Clothing
- Please dress your child warmly during Autumn and Winter and provide spare clothes in rainy weather.
- Plain coloured clothing made of natural fibres is recommended. For the Primary School black clothes are considered unsuitable because we understand beautiful colours help to enrich the child’s soul life and colour experience.
- Clothing should promote freedom of movement, but not promote gender stereotypical behaviour. Bike pants or shorts under skirts allow modest freedom movement.
- Clothing should cover shoulders and midriffs. In hot weather singlets are acceptable but an over shirt which covers the shoulders is required for outside play.
- Clothing with printed images, messages or slogans are not acceptable. Children may be asked to turn their T-shirt inside out if it is considered to be unsuitable for school.
- Clothing should be clean and tidy.
- Clothing is the best form of sun protection.
- To keep the children’s feet warm in the cooler weather.
- To allow the children to move their feet more freely and easily while participating in indoor movement activities.
- To promote a separation between inside and outside, where children change footwear and prepare to move inside for different activities.
- To help cultivate an attitude of respect for a calm, peaceful indoor learning environment.
- To help maintain a clean floor space in the classroom.