Cape Byron Rudolf Steiner School is a non-profit organisation and as such any surpluses achieved are put back into facilities and teaching resources for the benefits of our students.
In order to continue to provide high quality teaching and resources whilst keeping fee rises as low as possible, we ask that Parents, Carers and members of the school community help the school to provide a safer and more beautiful environment for our children.
One way we do this is to charge each family an annual Repair, Care and Maintenance (RCM) levy as set by the Board each year (currently $400). Options for acquittal of the levy are by payment of the full amount, completing 16 hours of community work each year, or a combination of both. Note that RCM hours are designed to be spent supporting the wider school – hours which parents volunteer, outside RCM days, working in their own children’s classrooms are warmly welcomed but are not part of the RCM program.
Our Repair, Care and Maintenance Program is as follows:
- CBRSS charges the RCM levy on the annual fee statement in January of each year. Please refer to the School Fees page for more detail.
- One option for those who choose to acquit the levy in part or in full by contributing hours of community work is to participate in one or more of the RCM days. There are a number of nominated RCM days at the school each year. The dates are published on the Term Dates page.
The following outlines duties that qualify to redeem hours worked:
- RCM tasks outside the nominated days (in consultation with the Site Manager)
- Assistance in the library (in consultation with the Librarian)
- Assistance in the canteen (in consultation with the Canteen Manager)
- Canteen Volunteer Coordinator
- Parents and Friends (P&F) executive positions as elected
- Class Coordinators who attend P&F and class meetings (If the Coordinator position is shared the RCM hours will allocated on a pro rata basis)
- Such Coordinator positions as are approved, from time to time, by the Principal
- Staff contributions
Activities that are not eligible for offsetting the levy are:
- Participation in the Spring Fair
- Board members
- Participation in the Friday markets and Christmas market
- Assisting with students in the classroom
- End of year classroom cleanup
- Sports coaching or tuition
- Volunteering on school camps and excursions
Participants in the RCM contribution program are required to complete an RCM form and have it approved by the person verifying the work. Persons authorised to verify the work are the:
- Principal, Deputy Principal or Director Primary K-6
- Site Manager
- High School Guardians, Kindergarten or Primary Class Teachers (for Class Coordinator hours only)
- Canteen Manager (Canteen Volunteer hours only)
- Librarian (Library Volunteer hours only)
It is the responsibility of the person claiming the hours to ensure the completed form is lodged with Reception or the Finance Administrator.
Credit for the hours contributed, approved and lodged will be applied to the school fees account; they are not transferable to another account.
The Finance Administrator holds the completed forms until the full 16 hours have been contributed. Credits are processed on the last day of each Term when 16 hours have been reached.
If by the last day of Term 4 the full amount of hours hasn’t been worked a pro rata credit will be applied for the hours completed.
Any hours contributed in excess of 16 do not attract a credit.
RCM hours can only be claimed in the year the contribution was made. Credits cannot be applied retrospectively.
If the levy charged on the statement has been paid and a credit for hours contributed is applied at a later time, the payment will not be refunded but will carry forward on the school fees account to the following year.
If the school fees account is at credit when all students on the statement are no longer enrolled at the school the balance will be refunded.
The School Board and the Parents & Friends Association look forward to seeing you at the next RCM Day.
Term Times 8:30 ~ 3:30
Holidays 10:00 ~ 3:00
Fax: (02) 6684 7399