In order to continue to provide high quality teaching and resources whilst keeping fee rises as low as possible, we ask that Parents, Carers and members of the school community help the school to provide a safer and more beautiful environment for our children.
Cape Byron Rudolf Steiner School is a non-profit organisation and as such any surpluses achieved are put back into facilities and teaching resources for the benefits of our students.
Our Repair, Care and Maintenance Program is as follows:
- A Repair, Care and Maintenance Levy of $450 will be charged to each family each year.
- Credit will be available to those families who contribute 16 hours or part thereof of Repair, Care and Maintenance work for the school per year.This credit will be deducted from the school fees account.
- This RC&M work can be done on the nominated RC&M days or in consultation with the Site Manager, Gavin Colley (Mobile: 0427 847 400) or Principal, during the normal school week or school holiday week days when the Site Manager or his nominee is in attendance. A Kindergarten or Primary School Class Teacher or High School Guardian can be nominated to supervise and verify your RC&M work.
- To register your hours of participation on RC&M Days you complete an ‘RC&M Claim Form’ (available from the office or Gavin), have it signed by Principal, Site Manager or their nominee, verifying the hours claimed, retain each form and submit those you have in the first week of Term 2 and Term 4.
- Work done, other than on RC&M Days, should be verified by the Principal, Site Manager or their nominee and then registered at the school office. It will be the responsibility of those parents who attend RC&M Days or the equivalent to register their verified hours on an RC&M form at the office.
The following outlines duties that qualify to redeem hours worked:
- Participation in RC&M Days
- Work outside RC&M Days following consultation with Site Manager or Principal
- Class Coordinators attending P&F and class meetings
- P&F Executive Positions
- P&F Committee Positions
- Assistance in the Library (in consultation with the Librarian)
Participation in the Spring Fair and Christmas Markets are an exception to redeeming RC&M hours as these are major fundraising and community events for the whole school community and everyone’s active participation is expected in a myriad of ways. However, there may be other potential ways in which Repair, Care & Maintenance credits can be obtained. Please contact either the Site Manager or the office with any ideas you may have.
We look forward to the arrangements providing greater maintenance of the school. For those who choose not to participate please know that your fee payments contribute to the Repair, Care and Maintenance program. For those who participate above the 16 hours, which many Parents and Carers currently do, your efforts for the school are greatly appreciated. For those who freely participate and do not to require a credit your gift is greatly appreciated by the school community.
#Note that RC&M hours are not transferable to another account.
The School Council and the Parents and Friends Association look forward to seeing you at the next RC&M Day.