Each year the school opens its grounds to children, parents, teachers, friends, locals and visitors alike and invites them to join together to celebrate the return of Spring with a day of music, fun, food and festivities.
The Spring Fair is also well known for the Song Writers’ Competition. The competition has already identified young talent and helped them gain experience, exposure and advice from leaders in the music industry. The Song Writers’ Competition attracts interest each year from the region’s aspiring young song writers. Be sure to come and support local young talent on the day
The Spring Fair also offers the much loved craft stalls and activities, famously wholesome food, a huge silent auction, and a range of live music performances, from Rock to orchestral, from our school and the wider region.
An exhibition of our student’s work is set up at the Spring Fair. The school and wider community are invited to see the students’ work displayed in all its beauty and academic brilliance. It is also an exhibition in which the wider community can witness our curriculum outcomes. Through visual displays of student’s work and musical performances, everyone can follow the journey of growth and development of a child (and a class) from Kindergarten to Year 12. Teachers may need help from parents to set up the display. The school newsletter will inform you of open day dates and details of how you can help.
Thank you to everyone who has been out there selling raffle tickets, donating to Silent Auction and White Elephant. Your support and contributions are greatly appreciated.
As the Fair is just around the corner we thought we would provide a helpful checklist highlighting what to bring and when!
Before Spring Fair:
- Raffle Tickets: please continue to sell and return any unsold tickets to reception by 18th September.
- White Elephant: donations will be taken right up until the 20th Sept. Please bring clothes, toys, books, small gadgets etc to Class 3
- Produce: donate any preserves, pickles, jams, sauces to box outside Class 3
- Craft Stall: want to see your craft at the Spring Fair? Ring Kylie on 0433 176 895
Day of Spring Fair:
- Cake: Each family is to bring a cake for the High School cake stall. Please deliver to stall on the day.
- Foliage: Flowers and vines, please bring any from your garden and deliver to garland stall.
- Produce: Any fresh produce like eggs, veggies etc can be delivered to stall on the day.
Set Up Day – Friday 21st Sept – if you are available, please come along and help Class 3 set up for the Fair. We’d love your help.
And remember our popular High School Song Writing Competition is open to High School students in the Northern Rivers region. For more info please follow this link.
Again, thank you for all your support in making this a magical Spring Fair.
Class 3 Spring Fair Team
Throughout the year we fulfil the common tasks and duties of daily life and at the times of a festival we turn our attention to the links which bind us with eternity. And although daily life is fraught with many a struggle, at these times a feeling awakens within us that above all the strife and turmoil there is peace and harmony.
Term Times 8:30 ~ 3:30
Holidays 10:00 ~ 3:00
Fax: (02) 6684 7399